We have compiled a list of the top foods that should be avoided when you embarking on a fat burning regimen. Thankfully, there are always delicious substitutes so you will never feel like you’re missing out.
- Overt Fat – This includes processed coconut oils and olive oil. It might surprise you how much fat many people add to their food. If you still want to use overt fats like this, be sure to measure every teaspoonful. Instead of overt fats, try enjoying the fat in a serving of nuts, fresh coconut or 1/4 of an avocado.
- Empty Calories – If everything you eat is full of nutrition, it’s more than likely your body weight will balance all on its own. Instead of crackers for a snack, choose slices of fresh apple; instead of cheese made with dairy, try eating a nut based cheese in small quantities on celery.
- Low Fat Dairy Products – You’ll lose more weight overall if you avoid dairy products entirely, but the low fat and fat free varieties are the worst because they are often full of processed sugar to make up for the lack of fat.
- Processed Sugar – White sugar and all processed sugar, including the new agave products, can be very full of calories. While one might be slightly better than the other, when it comes to calories it’s best to stick to real fruit to get your sweets in. And avoid any type of processed sugar, including things they try to pass off as healthy.
- Fast Food – Most fast food is terrible for you even when it tries to be healthy. Some fast food salads can top 2000 calories for one serving when combined with the fatty dressing they provide with it along with the fried chicken on top. You can order it without the dressing, without the croutons, and without the meat for best results. Oh, and skip the crackers too.
- Processed Food – Whether it is freeze dried veggies, or flavored yogurt, the best thing you can do for your waistline is to avoid processed food like the plague. That includes protein powders and other potions. You want to shoot for 100 percent whole foods, as close to nature as possible.
- Smoothie King Smoothies – Not to pick on Smoothie King, but most smoothie joints have a serious problem. Pretty much nothing in them is actually healthy. Everything has extra sugar by the truckloads and should be avoided at all costs.
- Fancy Starbucks Drinks – You know that these drinks are high in sugar and fat, and the “fat free” and “sugar free” varieties are just full of dangerous chemicals that should be avoided as much as possible too.
- White Bread – If you are going to eat bread, eat the highest nutritional bread you can such as sprouted bread by Ezekiel. It has no preservatives, and has a lot of nutrition in it that many other types of bread don’t have.
- Salt – Most food already has plenty of salt in it. A good way to cut down on salt is to use it during cooking but remove it from the table. The amount that is included in a recipe is the ideal amount for taste. There is no need to add more.
- Fatty Salad Dressings – Fatty salad dressings are the bane of existence for healthy vegetables. Instead, make your own fat free dressings by blending fruit with balsamic vinegar or using natural fats like avocado.
There are probably other things you can do without. Each time you have a choice of what to eat, choose the item that is closest to nature for the most fat burning results. If you would like to check more articles about fitness and health, we have a bunch of them in our Fitness & Health section. Just use the search of our website (top right) using the appropriate keyword.