- 2 lbs Tiger Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Dendê oil (Palm Oil)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tomatoes, Sliced
- 2 Green Peppers, Sliced
- ½ bunch of fresh Cilantro
- ½ Cup of Shrimp Juice or Clam Juice
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Black Pepper and Salt to taste
1) Combine Shrimp with lime juice and salt in a bowl. Leave to marinate while you continue.
2) In a large fry pan add the coconut milk, the clam or shrimp juice and bring to boil; than add the tomatoes, cilantro, green pepper, onions and garlic.
3) After 10 or 15 minutes add the Dendê Oil (or tomato paste as alternative) and the shrimp, plus salt and black pepper for taste.
4) Cook for more 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is thick or concentrated.
5) Serve with steam rice – Serves 6 to 8 people