Magali D’Souza / English edition: Jennifer Parker


The “Tourism Fair of the Americas”, held last year in São Paulo (Brazil) by the Brazilian Association of Travel Agencies (ABAV National) has generated new business opportunities and ABAV gathers 80% of the sales force of the country, which is the world’s eighth largest economy. The next edition of ABAV – International Tourism Expo in São Paulo, to be held from Sept 24 to 28 of 2014 is expected to brake all the records.

According to a recent study published by “Observatório do Turismo”, a recognized research center in Brazil and linked to the University of São Paulo (USP), the total financial volume generated by this fair to 2,613 exhibitor brands ranged from US$73.8 million and US$120 million, considering the minimum and maximum values that make up the analysis interval. The survey also shows that the 2013 edition, according to exhibitors, generated an average of US$97 million in businesses.

The institute has also revealed the visitors’ profile: 59% are directors and managers, including 34% with final decision-making power to complete purchases, and 44% with influence in planning and recommending transactions to be made. The motivation of buyers (exhibitors) and sellers (visitors) consolidates the ABAV fair, which has been held in the major inbound and outbound tourist center of the continent since last year, as the ideal stage to do global businesses.

According to 60% of the visitors, the chance to get to know and trade in market novelties is the key reason for participating in the event, followed by networking (21%) and qualification (18%). Also according to 60% of the exhibitors, the major impact caused by the event’s latest edition was the chance to work on new contacts and networking. The remaining 40% highlight consolidating the brand (22%), new businesses (13%), and expanding sales (6%) as additional benefits. For 94% of the 2,613 exhibitor brands from 60 countries, return on investment was positive. More info:

Facebook Comments

Share This