By Magali da Silva
1. Fernando de Noronha (Pernambuco State) – Noronha is a small island in the Atlantic ocean 1 hour by fly from Recife and where you will find the most beautiful beaches in Brazil with crystal-clear waters of unparalleled beauty. A perfect place for a romantic gateway, nature lovers, adventures folks and fishing, surf and scuba diving adepts!
2. Porto de Galinha (Pernambuco State) – 60 Km from the capital Recife this Beach Village with natural beauty is perfect for snorkel, kayak, surf (in Maracaipe beach only 3 miles from Porto de Galinha) and beautiful tan people! For those with $$$ find out about the amazing Nanai or Summerville Resorts. It’ s Taiti “A La Brazil”.
3. Paraty (Río de Janeiro State) – Couple hours South by driving from Rio, this is a small and historic city with Atlantic Rainforest, desert beaches and the best preserved colonial architecture in the country. A very special destination for couples in love! Also, ask for Ilha Grande (Big Island). You can reach there in 2 hours by boat.
4. Lençóis Maranhenses (Maranhão State) – While it’s not easy to get to the Lençóis, the reward for the long journey will definitely compensate your trip! A unique dunes and lagoons landscape where mass tourism hasn’t left its mark yet. Rumble “pousadas” and simple life. For those interested in nature and adventure is a must!
5. Jericoacoara (Ceará State) – Another beach destination with a nearly-mythical status among travellers. Captivating sand dunes in a remote setting…The best location for wind surfers in Brazil.
6. Iguazu Falls (Paraná State) – The breathtaking beauty of the falls will captive you the moment you set your eyes on them.
7. Arraial d’Ajuda (Bahia State) – Hard to believe you would find a charming place like Arraial d’Ajuda so close to Porto Seguro. A lot of French and European discovery this paradise in the 80’s. Not more like a simple village, but pretty much still beautiful and nice for catch beautiful people! Also Trancoso, near Arraial d’Ajuda shares a series of wonderful beaches and a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
8. Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro State) – “The Rio de Janeiro continua lindo” like the music of Jorge Bem Jor. Rio is a city like no other, not just in Brazil, but thought the world. It’s serious social problems do not allow for a higher place on the list.
9. Bonito (Mato Grosso do Sul State) – In the southernmost point of the Pantanal lies Bonito, a mecca for ecotourism and fun in close contact with nature.
10. Ouro Preto (Minas Gerais State) – In spite of the sorry state of conservation of its World Heritage, Ouro Preto makes it to the top 10 because of the truly mesmerizing historical riches found in its churches, the nice tranquility life and simplicity of their people. A nice Brazilian getaway for couples that would like to blend culture with nice walks and good popular food!